Neuropsychological functioning is core to psychological wellbeing, this course brings together understanding of cognitive functioning and therapeutic interventions. It explores ways to assess, manage and provide therapeutic support to individuals who may have had a brain injury or mental health experience which is impacting on their well-being.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is primarily aimed at people who work in adult mental health settings. The focus is on neuropsychological assessment and intervention and so would be particularly useful to people who have a particular interest in neuropsychology, and either want to brush up on their skills or pursue a career in clinical neuropsychology. It is primarily intended for qualified clinical psychologists, all clinical psychology trainees, counselling psychologists, PWPs and related qualified professionals.
COURSE AIMS AND DESCRIPTION
The course aims for participants to:-
- Enhance their skills in a neuropsychological perspective
- Consider a range of different hypotheses and explanations when working with psychological, neurological, or mental health difficulties
- Develop therapeutic skills using specific models of therapy and applying them within a neuropsychological framework
Key areas covered: -
- Mental health, the brain, & public understanding
- Neuropsychology, depression & treatments for depression
- Neuropsychological processes & mental health
- Differential neurological diagnosis in mental health settings
- CAT & the brain
For more details on programme content, please see the full course programme.
This course will be delivered by Neuropsychologists, neuropsychiatrists and clinical tutors from the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology over 5 days, which will include 1 day of self-study to work on an assignment set by the programme.
Course dates: 27th - 31st March 2017
Location: David Lloyd Chorley
Moss Lane, Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley, Lancashire, PR6 8AB
This 5 day course costs just £480 for professionals
Limited special rate places for DClinPsy trainees available: -
£300 for 5 days for any UK based trainee
£50 for 5 days for Liverpool and Manchester trainees
After attending all dates, you will receive a certificate of attendance from the Lancaster University Psychological Training Academy.
INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
Book your place now - demand for this programme was very high last year and places will go quickly!